St. John the Divine
On Lee House
Hudson's Bay Company Store
The Hudson's Bay Company store was one of the first buildings in the Town of Yale.
The Hudson's Bay company store and warehouse was built in 1858. It was situated on Lot 4, Block 17 on a 60 by 120 foot lot, according to a town plan drawn in 1860, which was squarely within the HBC's boundaries. Facing on to the always active Front street, it was beside the York hotel, and just down from the site of the Barnard's express office. The manager of the HBC outfit was Mr. Harvey, and sold quality items such as rum, brandy, and blankets.
The HBC store no longer exists, but two old buildings in Yale still do: Shilson house and St. John the Divine Church. Start with viewing the church at the St. John the Divine page.
Home | Contents | Tour | People | Collection | Transportation | Just For Kids! | Team